On Wednesday, I was able to attend a screening of The Other Woman, thanks to my fabulous roomie (@GlamazonsBlog)! I was thrilled and ditched my date with the spin bike because: I love Cameron Diaz and have wanted to see the film since I saw the trailer months ago. We were treated to champagne, popcorn, candy, a lovely POPSUGAR box with treats, and a Q&A with style legend Patricia Field. If you have any reservations, here are 5 reasons you should see the film.
1. Patricia Field is the film’s costume designer. During the Q&A, Field gave so much knowledge that my head started to spin. For one, she gushed about Cameron Diaz’s professionalism, Leslie Mann’s comedic talent, and her loathing of all things “trendy”. She’s a style goddess.
2. The cast is full of amazing women. Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton, Nicki Minaj…all so powerful and beautiful. I honestly wouldn’t mind a sequel!
3. Any Cameron Diaz rom-com is mandatory viewing. The Sweetest Thing, The Holiday, She’s The One…I could go on and on! Ms. Diaz is one of my favorites and for good reason — she’s been in the game for twenty years.
4. Taylor Kinney’s face… God bless Lady Gaga for getting the opportunity to look at this man’s face every morning and evening. Yes, Taylor Kinney is talented, but he’s also unbelievably fine. Definite eye candy.
5. Women can do some pretty fantastic things when we stick together. Though the plot of the film is a bit far-fetched, the moral of the story really is sisterhood and the amazing things that women can do when we put everything else aside and replace those divisive things with support and love. Life is so much better when we get along and hold one another up instead of finding ways to tear one another down.
Visit www.theotherwomanmovie.com for more information and check out the film which hits theaters on April 25th!
*Images courtesy of Getty.
Reason #6 – Nicki Minaj’s booty, er, body… ! Lol.