The Met Gala is all about glamour, beauty and high fashion and the attendees pulled out all the stops last night. Alexander McQueen did flash and intricate detailing like no other designer and it was only right that his memory be relived on the red carpet.
A few women stood out in terms of beauty for me, taking it to the next level and looking all out fabulous. Here are my beauty favorites:
1. Ginnifer Goodwin – I can’t get over how stunning she looked in an emerald green silk twist front gown from Topshop Unique, great turquoise and green jewelry and navy Karine heels from Aperlai. Her bright turquoise eyeshadow matched her necklace perfectly and really made her eyes pop. I also loved her hair which was an edgier version of her normal pixie cut, really making a statement. A nude lip rounded out the look. Definitely one of my favorites of the night.
2. Diane Kruger – Jason Wu is one of her favorite designers, thus it wasn’t any surprise that she wore a dress from his Fall 2011 collection, worn on the runway by Mirte Maas: a nude and black embellished gown with a thigh-high slit for the ultimate in glamour. Clearly, Diane spent some time in the gym clearly indicated by her toned legs. Her curls gave the feeling of a 1950′s pinup girl and her strong matte red lip was just the perfect thing to add some color to the look.
3. Blake Lively – She chose a look from Chanel’s Fall 2009 Couture Collection: a beige draped dress boasting an illusion bodice with silver sequin embroidery. The look screamed Grecian goddess and I love seeing a long hemline on her. She accessorized with Anna heels by Christian Louboutin, loose strawberry blonde curls, a rosy pink lip and blush and rounded out the beauty look with metallic eyeshadow. Her skin glistened and she proved a great accessory for Karl Lagerfeld as his muse.
4. Emma Stone – Lanvin was her designer of choice and the black and white floral print was stunning. Her long statement earrings, messy chignon (crafted by hairstylist Mark Roszak) and vibrant pink lip were the perfect accessories for the dress.
5. Gwyneth Paltrow -Her Stella McCartney gown fit like a glove and was the utmost in sexiness with a thigh-high slit and open back. Christian Louboutin’s Hyper Prive Pumps in nude adorned her feet and her beauty look was refreshing and simple: a fresh face, rosy pink lips and loose curls coiffed by hairstylist David Babaii.
6. Solange Knowles – It takes a courageous woman to wear Dries Van Noten and Solange Knowles is just that. She chose a black, green and white printed gown from the Fall 2011 collection and Isola heels from Jean-Michel Cazabat’s Fall 2011 collection. Heavy black eyeliner, a nude lip and her huge natural afro were on the mark for beauty.
Stay tuned for more 2011 Met Gala coverage and see Solange Knowles’ shoes below.
*Images courtesy of Getty.